Lemons are undoubtedly one of the healthiest fruits ever to exist. There are so many uses for lemons, from boosting your health to helping with housework. Want some invigorating water to enjoy? Add some lemon slices. Need to clean your kitchen? Lemons to the rescue!
But did you know that there is a benefit of lemons in your bedroom? Placing a lemon in your bedroom is an age-old practice that your grandparents may remember, but today it has become a lost art for many. Read on to learn exactly why you should keep a lemon in your bedroom.
Lemons are essentially a superfood and are known as one of the best natural remedies on earth. Many people swear by drinking lemon water first thing in the morning. This is because lemon has an energizing effect on the body and can also act as a detoxifier to remove toxins and accumulated waste. The interesting thing is how it can be so effective in the body, but also be durable enough to work in home applications. Lemon can remove limescale and soap scum from bathroom and kitchen surfaces. And many people like to clean with it because of its delightfully pleasant citrus scent.
But one of the lesser-known uses of lemon involves sleep. What many people don’t know is that there are benefits for those who suffer from poor sleep. That’s because recent research has revealed that lemons can actually help those who suffer from insomnia. This is where lemon comes in handy in the bedroom. Placing a lemon in a bowl next to your bed can actually help induce sleep and leave you feeling rested and ready to tackle the day in the morning.
To use lemon for sleep benefits, cut a lemon into quarters and place it in a bowl or plate by your bed. Leave it on overnight and watch how wonderful you feel the next day.
This hack is not only good for sleep, but it can help you in many ways. This is because it is a well-used antiseptic and antibacterial agent. It can help fight a number of diseases and infections. Some of the other benefits of keeping a lemon in your bedroom at night include:
- It will improve your energy. With improved sleep and the lovely scent of lemon as you rest, you’ll get a better night’s sleep
- It can help relieve stress and physical tension.
- The restorative properties of lemons can help prevent a hangover if you’ve had too much to drink the night before.
- The citrus scent of lemons can help open and clear the sinuses, thus helping those who suffer from asthma
- It can also help fight colds and clear mucus, helping you breathe easier.
- Lemons can properly ventilate your space, improving the air quality in your room.
- Lemon in your room at night can help repel mosquitoes and other pesky insects
- It can help you have long-term respiratory health.
- Lemons in your room can help improve allergies if you suffer from seasonal allergy problems.
- Lemons are a natural deodorizer and can help improve bad odors in your space.
If you have a few extra lemons that you can also consume, here are some of the other internal uses and benefits of this amazing fruit:
- Lemons are anti-aging and contain a number of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, A and E, as well as chromium, iron, copper and magnesium.
- Lemons can prevent indigestion and arthritis
- Lemons can help reduce swollen feet.
- Lemons are effective blood cleansers and can help those suffering from blood disorders.
- Lemons can cleanse and detoxify the scalp and hair.
- Lemons can help relieve acne and blackheads on the skin and can even soften scars